Lenovo has introduced an all-new Miix 630 laptop at CES today which is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC. This new 2-in-1 machine is one of the initial laptops to be launched after Qualcomm confirmed that that company is working with Windows laptop makers on the same late last year. The new ARM based laptop run on Window 10S operating system, which restricts usage of apps to the limited yet functional Windows apps store. Although, the best thing being quoted about these Snapdragon powered devices is better battery life. The Lenovo Miix 630 itself is claimed to provide 20 hours of battery life while playing locally saved videos at 150 nits brightness.
Since this is essentially using a mobile processor, there is ample space in the chassis and hence Lenovo has put a massive 48Whr battery for the task. The Lenovo Miix 630 features a 12.3-inch WUXGA+ (1920 x 1280) LCD display and will be available in 4GB or 8GB RAM options. For storage, users can opt between 64GB to 256GB of storage and the device also has an SD card reader. Being a Qualcomm Snapdragon powered device also means that the Miix 630 features a Qualcomm X16 Gigabit LTE modem. Besides that for connectivity, the machine uses 2×2 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.1
Since this is a Windows laptop, the Miix 630 supports features like Cortana voice assistant and is equipped with a 5MP Windows Hello enabled camera. The machine also gets a 13MP rear camera. However, users may complain about the single USB Type-C port, which will push you to buy dongles for everything. The device connects with the standard detachable keyboard we have seen on previous Miix device and Lenovo will be bundling a stylus with 1,024 levels of sensitivity with the Miix 630. The Lenovo Miix 630 will go on sale starting March or April for $799 (Rs. 50,800 approx). We are bound to see more Qualcomm Snapdragon powered Windows laptop from other manufacturers in coming days
Other Popular Deals
- The 5 best Windows laptops under 30,000 Rs in IndiaFirst look: HP Omen gaming laptop, Pavilion, Spectre
- Dell's new laptops & PCs at Computex 2015A look at Windows 10 devices shown off at Computex 2015
- First look: WPG NuPC (mini PC)Computex 2015: Gigabyte shows off its new gaming laptops
- 22 upcoming laptops powered by Intel 5th Gen Broadwell...First Look: Panasonic's newly launched Toughbook and...
- A look at Google's four new Chromebooks launched in IndiaComputex 2015: ASUS unveils X and K series laptops
- Top 10 Gaming laptops you can buy under 50K (November 2015)Gaming Laptops between Rs. 50000 to Rs. 60000
- 8 Windows Hybrid Laptops you can buy in India todayTop 5 business laptop deals under Rs 40,000 (Jan 2014)
- Upcoming Gaming laptops that will make you droolTop 3 budget laptops under Rs. 30,000 in India